What’s The Difference Between A Pediatric Dentist And A Family Dentist?July 24, 2018
Why Back To School Dental Exams Are ImportantAugust 20, 2018
Wisdom teeth are located in the back part of your jaw. Majority of the time, people have four of them, one in each corner. It would not be considered uncommon to have less than four or none at all as it generally depends on genetics.
Why can wisdom teeth be a problem?
Most people do not have room for these teeth. As wisdom teeth start to come in, they become impacted because of not having room. What that means is that they will start to push other teeth to try and make room. This can cause your current teeth to become crowded and make your teeth start to over lap to make room. If your mouth does not have room for your wisdom teeth to come in, it can cause severe jaw pain.
Why summer is the best time to get your wisdom teeth extracted
- Most people take vacations in the summer. And you will not be the only one out of the office or school.
- It is a great time to relax. You can sit outside and enjoy smoothies, applesauce, ice cream, and other things that are easy to eat while it’s warm out.
- Sitting outside & getting fresh air is proven better for healing and when recovering from getting your wisdom teeth removed, the faster you heal the better.
- Time slows down during summer because days get longer. With longer days people feel like they can do more, and people often remember to breathe and not feel frazzled.
- Summertime is always notorious for a lot of blockbusters to come out, which is a great time to see all of the new movies while recovering.
- Friends and family normally spend more time together in the summer. When you are recovering from your surgery you can spend quality time together and not get lonely. Which in turn will make the days go by faster.
- Everyone’s moods are normally lifted. So instead of moping around and feeling sad or depressed about your effects from the surgery, you are able to walk outside in the warm and instantly feel a since of calmness. Since others feel this as well, any feeling of pain you can easily forget about.
While no one wants to get their wisdom teeth out, and it isn’t something people look forward to, there are benefits to getting your wisdom teeth out in the summer. If you are have any questions about your wisdom teeth or want to schedule an appointment for wisdom tooth removal, give us a call today!