Chicago Dentist That Takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental Insurance
Here at All Star Dental, all five of our offices take various dental insurance plans. This includes both:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Community Medicaid
For a full list of the dental insurance plans we work with please visit our insurance policy page. If you have any questions about what insurance plans we take or about your coverage, please contact our office, we would be happy to help answer your questions.
Get In Contact With Us:
What Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Cover
For the best answers about your specific insurance coverage, we highly recommend visiting the website for your provider and contact their team if you have specific questions. In the rest of this page, we will be covering the way Blue Cross Blue Shield delineates between different types of dental procedures.
Understanding Class A-D Procedure Types
Like many dental insurance plans the Blue Cross Blue Shield model breaks dental procedures into various categories. How much you pay is then determined by what category the procedure falls under, what insurance plan you have, and whether you went to an in-network or out-network provider. Your detuctible with Blue Cross Blue Shield is only applied to Class A-C.
- Class A (Basic Procedures): The first class of procedures covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield is the basic procedures. This covers really any dental procedure that would be commonly used during a routine check-up. This includes a dental cleaning, a dental exam, x-rays, and dental sealants. In most cases, these services will be fully covered if you are going to an in-network provider.
- Class B (Intermediate Procedures): Intermediate procedures refer to certain medically necessary procedures that a dentist will recommend to handle tooth decay, gum disease, or other oral issues. This includes oral surgery, dental fillings for cavities, and gum scaling for gum disease. Your insurance may cover more than half of the cost depending on your plan and if you go to an in-network provider.
- Class C (Major Procedures): Major procedures refer to restorative dental procedures that often require the creation of a dental device like a dental bridge or crown, however, they also include other procedures including root canal. These are larger procedures that will be covered from less than half to half based on your plan.
- Class D (Orthodontic Procedures): As mentioned above, orthodontic procedures are not eligible for your deductible. In the case of orthodontic procedures, Blue Cross Blue Shield will cover a portion of the cost up to a certain cap depending on your plan. This cap is for the lifetime of the patient, so if you or a child in your family receives dental braces and uses the entire cap and needs further orthodontic procedures in the future, they will not be covered.
Family Dental Offices in Chicago
Our dental offices in Chicago provide a variety of dental procedures including regular cleanings and exams and restorative procedures like crowns and bridges. If you have any questions about the procedures we provide, would like more information on where they fall in terms of your coverage options, please contact our office.
We would be happy to answer any and all of your questions about various dental procedures and schedule an appointment for you or a member of your family so that they can receive any needed dental procedures.
For more information please call our individual dental offices or contact us via our inquiry form.