Every dentist recommends that you see them at least twice a year. Two visits can provide a lot of benefits for your mouth. During a routine visit our dental team can provide a professional cleaning, a dental exam, as well as dental sealants and dental x-rays. At All Star Dental we pride ourselves on providing a comfortable space for adults, teens, and children to receive regular oral care. Even if you brush and floss perfectly, you should always make a dental checkup twice a year. Dentists can catch issues much earlier which means reversible tooth decay can be handled before it becomes something worse. Plus, dental sealants & cleanings can help provide extra protection for you and your children against dental decay.
We provide a variety of restorative dental procedures. This includes the following:
- Dental Fillings: Dental fillings are often used to treat cavities. When dental decay extends pass the enamel (the outermost layer of our teeth) to the dentin, you may need a filling. A filling involves cleaning out the decay and filling the indent or hole with a strong material designed to keep your tooth safe.
- Root Canal: When dental decay affects the roots, a root canal may be necessary. In the past a diseased tooth root would usually require the removal of the tooth. However, a root canal can save the tooth by cleaning out the root to protect the remaining sections of the tooth.
- Gum Disease Treatments: Periodontitis is a form of gum disease that often leads to swollen, puffy, red gums. If left untreated it can eventually damage the bone around the tooth leading to adult teeth falling out. Scaling and debridement can help treat gum disease and prevent damage to the bone.
- Dental Bridges: If a tooth is knocked out fully, needs to be extracted, or falls out due to decay, you may need a dental bridge. A dental bridge is both cosmetic and restorative as it can prevent teeth from shifting and changing a patient’s bite alignment. If you have a dental bridge and it gets damaged, we can also help repair and replace it for you.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown is often installed after a root canal procedure or due to tooth decay. A dental crown is a synthetic cap designed to look and feel like a regular tooth that sits on top of the remaining tooth. We install crowns as well as replace them.
What makes a good children’s dentist? We believe a good children’s dental office is comfortable, fun, and educational. It is not uncommon for young children to have anxiety around medical appointments. That is why we do our best to make our office a fun learning environment for children. We have play areas for kids to spend time in before their appointment and we allow parents to come with their kids in the treatment room if they are feeling nervous.
We treat patients as young as 6 months old and hope to work with them well into their young adult life. Throughout that journey we want to be a part of their on-going oral health. From demonstration brushing and flossing methods, to helping them understand how to prevent cavities. The best habits are made young, and we are dedicated to helping your kids get in the habit of taking care of their teeth!
Many teenagers will begin to feel pain behind their back molars. This pain is often a sign of wisdom tooth issues. Different patients have different wisdom teeth, some patients may be able to let their wisdom teeth come in fine, some may be born without them. But a large number of patients will need to have them removed. Most people do not have enough space in their mouth for wisdom teeth to properly grow in. We provide surgical wisdom tooth extraction. Often the best thing to do is to have your child go to routine dental exams where they can receive x-rays. Your dentist will notice when the wisdom teeth start to come-in and can tell you if they are impacted.